Under general supervision, the Take Charge Advocate will work with and advocate for individuals to communicate their goals and to develop a person-centered plan that helps them to achieve their goals. Their goals will be written in a manner where they participate in activities that align with their plans to further their independence.
1. * Communicates with clients, their families and others on items that relate to the client and his/her person-centered plan.
2. * Acts as an advocate for clients. Some situations include communicating goals, helping with discovery of what supports an individual would like in their life, resolving communication barriers.
3. * Assists Person Centered Planning Guide with training Case Managers and communication with clients.
4. * Assists Person Centered Planning Guide with maintaining case files to include case notes, discovery, and plan development.
5. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
- One or more years of experience working with people with disabilities preferred;
- Prior experience providing direction and assistance to others, preferable people with disabilities; - Ability and patience to work with people with disabilities;
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers, and others;
- Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
- Effective Customer service skills;
- Some computer literacy to include work processing ad presentation software.
High School Diploma or GED
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching
• Transporting to various locations within PRIDE
• Viewing computer screens
• Utilizing keyboard
Work is performed in a variety of locations including in a business office, customer worksite, and community environments. Riding to and from various locations is required
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.