The IT Help Desk Technician I’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s end-user computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all end-user devices and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. They will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by remote tools, by telephone, or via chat) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Exercise a high level of professionalism and confidentiality when working with staff, projects, and proprietary information.
- Record, track and document IT service incidents; resolve incidents per established Service Level Agreements.
- Provide proactive support our employees to ensure the optimal working of the hardware and software and provide coaching on best practices.
- Support implementation of new computers, hardware projects, and hardware installations.
- Install pre-packaged software as needed and perform updates to software releases.
- Be knowledgeable of tools available for the diagnostic and performance of hardware. Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate.
- Work with third-party support and PC equipment vendors as required.
- Follow the defined process for onboarding and off-boarding employees.
- Contribute to technician knowledge base and create help sheets for users.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
Minimum 2 years in IT Help Desk Support is required.
Experience with desktop and server operating systems is required.
Extensive application support experience of Microsoft Office, SharePoint is required.
Experience administering Revit, Tekla, Viewpoint, Bluebeam and other applications used in construction strongly desired.