The General Clerk follows clearly detailed procedures in performing simple repetitive tasks in the same sequence. Responsibilities would include filing pre-coded documents in a chronological file, or operating office equipment, (e.g. photocopy, fax machine, desktop computer, lap top computer).
- *Assists in a variety of administrative matters
- *Maintaining a wide variety of financial or other records (stored both manually and electronically)
- *Verifies statistical reports for accuracy and completeness
- *Compiles information
- *Handles and adjusts complaints
- *Uses a thorough knowledge of an office’s work and routine to choose among widely varying methods and procedures to process complex transactions
- *Independently select or devise steps necessary to complete assignments
- May direct lower level clerks
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the clerical field
- Experience in general office or customer service preferred
- Skill to operate a computer keyboard
- Subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence
- Personal computer literacy including word processing and spreadsheet software applications is preferred
- Human relations skills to maintain effective relationships with others and work in a team environment
- Fundamental mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Oral and written communication skills to provide factual and procedural information, and to understand and follow instructions
- Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle multiple requests at the same time
- Demonstrated common sense skills
- Ability to act responsively to customer inquiries and requests and escalate appropriately
- May be required to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: N/A
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting (50-75%)
- Standing and walking (10-20%)
- Keyboarding requiring manual dexterity (10-25%)
- Interfacing with others
- May bend or stoop to retrieve file folders occasionally
- Talking on the phone
- Viewing computer monitor requiring close vision (10-25%)
- Noise from equipment in construction environment
- May lift or move boxes occasionally (up to 25 pounds)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a business office environment.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.