Who is Litmus?
Litmus’s email creation, testing, analytics, and personalization platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver quality, brand-aligned communications that delight and engage consumers. Over the last 15+ years, we’ve built a reputation as thought leaders and one of the most trusted solutions in the industry, and it shines through our customers – all 250,000 of them, representing the world’s top brands in tech, banking & finance, retail, media, and more.
How do we do this? It all starts with our people and a core belief that the talent we seek should be a culture add rather than a “culture fit,” with our 5 core values in mind:
- Take it to Heart
- Practice Considerate Communication
- Act Humbly and Confidently
- Collaborate with Bias to Action
- Be Beyond Litmus
What would I do at Litmus?
- Be the engine to our train, initiating the sales process through emails, phone calls, and social media
- Meet with both inbound and outbound prospects, leveraging your people-skills. Once qualified, schedule meetings for the Sales team
- You will have the opportunity to conduct initial qualification calls with prospects
- Aspire for more: As our future Account Executive, Account Manager, or Marketing expert, you’ll learn and master the fundamentals that will prepare you to grow our business—always prioritizing our customers’ needs
- Create a bi-monthly business plan that supports your individual goals
- Collaborate with our innovative teams to continuously improve upon our practices
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- 6 months plus experience as a BDR or Sales Development Representative (SDR) + the desire for career growth
- Ability to commute into our Cambridge, MA office up twice per week
- Experience in meeting or exceeding sales quotas or other metrics
- Hands-on experience with sales prospecting techniques such as cold-calling, emailing, and social outreach
- Prior success working from both home and an office setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity or exposure to selling methodology like Sandler, MEDDIC, etc.
- CRM experience preferred but not required (e.g., Salesforce, Hubspot)
- Startup experience is helpful but not required
What are the BDR Seven (7) Components to Success?
- High activity & timing: Efficiently manage a high volume of both outbound and inbound emails, phone calls, and lead sourcing
- Creativity & personalization: Thoughtfully and creatively research potential customers to personalize your customer outreach
- Product knowledge: Become a trusted advisor by constantly improving your working knowledge of the Litmus solution
- Qualification: Learn how to effectively qualify leads, prioritizing your time and effort on high-potential close opportunities
- Process-oriented: Follow an integrated process in our systems including Salesforce, LinkedIn Navigator, sourcing tools, sales cadence software, and more
- Organization: A disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals, and achieving success
- Attitude: As our BDR, you have energy, passion, humor, enthusiasm, and the ability to be resilient in the face of challenges
Why should I choose Litmus?
- We offer everything you’d expect from a profitable company that’s been going strong for 10+ years, including a great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match
- You’ll receive 28 days of paid vacation—on top of team retreats and public holidays
- A platform for good: Affinity Groups, a culture of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and volunteer days—creating belonging for all is in our DNA both inside and outside of work
- Remote-first culture. No matter where you are, you’ll feel connected to the team
- We take family seriously and offer flexible schedules and generous parental leave programs
- We give you great tools and tech to do your best work: Hardware, software, and home- and office setups
Not sure if you meet all the requirements? Please apply! We know there is no job description that can measure a person’s attitude, aptitude, or amplitude (the ability to turn it up a notch) and highly encourage you to apply.
Our approach is shaped by a strong respect for each individual. This applies to every aspect of employment – from equitable wages, work-life balance, the freedom to be your whole self, to equal opportunities for growth and development at Litmus. We believe wholeheartedly the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.