At Levi Strauss & Co, we are revolutionizing the apparel business and redefining the way denim is made.
We are taking one of the world’s most iconic brands into the next century:
from creating machine learning-powered denim finishes to using block-chain for our factory workers’ wellbeing, to building algorithms to better meet the needs of our consumers and optimize our supply chain.
Be a pioneer in the fashion industry by joining our global Data, Analytics & AI "startup with assets," where you will have the chance to build exciting solutions that will impact our Americas business and at the same time be part of a bigger, across-continents, data community.
As Application Backend Engineer, you will create Data Services & design for Data Consumption by end-users. You'll be critical to help us in our digital transition of Levi's Business Process. You will report to the Director of IT Data Engineer and Analytics.
- Leverage cutting-edge tools and technologies to continuously improve the data serving infrastructure at scale.
- Work with the team Data Engineers, ML Engineers, data scientists to guide backend development.
- You will use your scope of experience and product sense to design and build backend systems, SDKs, and REST APIs.
- Engage with architects/product team to comprehend functional challenges, prototype new ideas, and new technologies, and help create innovative solutions.
- Deliver rapid iterations of Data Products based on user feedback and metrics.
- Coordinate with cross functionals teams in the process of building the RESTful API.
- Work in Agile Scrum environment by participating and contributing to EPIC and Sprint Planning cycles. Participate in daily stand ups and embrace the DevOps methodology.
- Use structured and disciplined approaches to solving technical problems.
- Collaborate and work with cross functional IT and business teams.
- Provide Level 2/3 support and help resolve production issues in a timely fashion.
What We Are Looking For:
- University or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- 4+ years experience in designing & developing reusable backend frameworks, modules and tools.
- Experience with RESTful API/GraphQL and Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of systems and networking will be a big plus.
- Experience with building microservices.
- Experience with Containers and Kubernetes.
- Database design and management, such as SQL and NoSQL or MongoDB.
- Knowledge of using cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and GCP.
- Working knowledge of modern web build tooling.
- Working knowledge of Github /Git Toolkit.
- Good knowledge of software design patterns and software engineering best practices.
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient in documenting use cases, requirements and functional specifications.
- Passionate about solving business problems, Innovative, creative and an outside-the-box mindset.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered.
Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations.
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise.
Remote - USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME