Reports to: IT Manager
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
The Technology Support Associate will be part of a 24/7 team that provides world-class platform monitoring and Tier I/Tier II technical support to our life-saving staff, volunteers, and the users of our services. This individual will triage incoming support requests resolving issues when possible and escalating to the appropriate persons when needed. The Technology Support Associate will partner closely with other members of the Technology Team to complete tasks on exciting projects that will drive innovation and improve the user experience at The Trevor Project.
Who you are
- Experienced. You have experience working in a technology help desk role. You have macOS, Salesforce, and Google Workspace experience. Experience with Jamf preferred.
- Collaborative. People look to you to explain complex concepts in a way that they can understand, regardless of their technical acumen.
- Perpetual Learner. You are energized by learning about new topics, can quickly get up to speed and contribute to initiatives and have a track record of quickly learning new technologies.
- Detail-oriented. You are aware that paying attention to small details can have a massive impact on the organization, and you take steps to make sure your work is thorough and complete.
- Innovative. You stay up-to-date on the latest research in tech, but always approach the problem-solving process with practical, simple, and proven methods.
- Empathetic. You care about the wellbeing of LGBTQ youth and respect those around you regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, or other aspect of their identity.
- User-centric. You can put yourself in the shoes of the audience and oversee operations that prioritize their experience alongside efficiency and effectiveness.
- Self-motivated. You are motivated to do your best work each day, and do not need anyone to pressure you to complete your job duties.
- Strong Communicator. You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You can communicate clearly and concisely.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you'll do
- Provide Tier I and Tier II technical support to staff, volunteers, and users of our services
- Lend to institutional knowledge and documentation by drafting knowledge articles for new and resolved issues
- Provide preliminary diagnosis and triaging for a range of technical incidents
- Execute the complete problem-solving process, from isolation to resolution and root-cause analysis
- Participate in on-call rotation after normal business hours when necessary
- Support and help train users during the deployment of new technologies or features
- Communicate with team and cross-functional stakeholders during incidents, making sure any issues get escalated to the appropriate team member promptly
- Complete individual tasks as a part of larger technology projects and initiatives
- Other tasks, duties, or special projects as assigned
We’re excited to hear from you! To join Team Trevor, please upload a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Use this as an opportunity to convey why you want to be the next Technology Support Associate at The Trevor Project!