Role: Stewardship & Donor Events Manager
Reports to: Director of Special Events
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
The Stewardship and Donor Events Manager will work with our fundraisers to help donors connect and engage with The Trevor Project, its mission and its broader community. The manager will co-create, plan and execute a comprehensive stewardship and events strategy to enhance donor engagement, strengthen involvement, and build and retain the donor community. The position will report to the Director of Events and work in close partnership with the CEO and Executive Director’s Office, Chief Development Officer, Foundations Governments & Corporate Partnerships team, and Individual Philanthropy team.
Who you are
- Builder. You are excited to strategically build better donor experiences and improve trends in engagement in order to grow awareness for our mission and to build community.
- Communicator. You build and manage strong relationships using effective and consistent communication touchpoints.
- Adaptable. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and quickly working through competing priorities.
- Goal-oriented. You set ambitious goals that are achievable, then focus on exceeding them.
- Experienced. You have a proven track record across the high priority areas of stewardship and event planning.
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage complex projects. You can communicate clearly and concisely bringing order to chaos.
- Innovative. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved. You’re always thinking about improving the donor experience and trends in engagement to figure out how we can leverage these components to grow and raise awareness for mission and a sense of community.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through building alignment and outstanding teamwork.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you'll do
- Lead, co-create, implement and evaluate a comprehensive plan and annual calendar for donor stewardship
- Work with frontline fundraisers to devise and support implementation of the stewardship strategy for each donor segment, with a focus on donor engagement and retention
- Support logistics and planning of in-person events, including liaising with hotels, restaurants and vendors and managing the event on the day
- Identify and engage key stakeholders to ensure collaboration around donor stewardship and events occurs between verticals, and with external partners
- Foster donor engagement with Trevor through excellent written and verbal language via email and phone channels
- Act as an internal liaison between the CEO and Executive Director’s office and the Development teams, coordinating the CEO's calendar and availability for Development, with staff in the office of the CEO
- Work with Development’s leadership, to design and execute high-impact concierge stewardship experiences for top-level donors
- Manage projects such as: Special acknowledgements and recognition; Donor groupings and giving levels , benefit programs; seasonal solicitations and stewardship campaigns; donor recognition and other forms of regular, ongoing recognition
- Ensure that special events data is successfully being integrated into donor data
- Develop and design event and stewardship performance reporting, evaluating data needed and key ROI metrics for stewardship and events
- Other tasks, duties, or special projects as assigned
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for various gender affirmation surgeries (and we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life)
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet reimbursement and a reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
We’re excited to hear from you! To join Team Trevor, please upload a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Use this as an opportunity to convey why you want to be the next Stewardship and Donor Events Manager at The Trevor Project!