Working at Horizon is more than a job – it’s personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most – the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We’re a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we’re a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The senior manager/associate director, marketing operations plays a critical role in leading the development and implementation of the following core functions in support of all commercial business units: (1) healthcare provider engagements which include person-to-person speaker programs, ad hoc consulting and advisory board meetings, (2) conventions and exhibits at local, regional and national events, (3) promotional material inventory management. This position provides day-to-day leadership and oversight of the core functions and is a highly engaging role working across multiple disciplines where you will drive the process, system, and resources in a streamlined manner. This role is required to manage budget, including third-party vendors, draft policies and procedures, ensure compliance with internal SOPs and policies in highly regulated disciplines, develop and implement training, align with internal and external stakeholders, coach and develop individual contributor employees in order to support overall commercial and business objectives. This role also is a pivotal role in driving Horizon’s digital strategy through programs and platforms including virtual technologies.
- Leads the setting of a clear vision, priorities, and guiding principles for marketing operations capabilities in order to support commercial goals and objectives. The scope is US while serving as an advisor to Ex-US affiliates including Canada. Strategically lead the roadmap for enhancement and addition of capabilities and ensure that plans are in alignment with commercial goals and objectives.
- Overall oversight of Horizon’s promotional events including speaker programs, conferences/conventions, and HCP consultancies. This role also manages non-promotional program processes for ad boards as well as promotional material inventory and distribution for all Horizon products.
- Leads the Marketing Operations team to facilitate the planning, development, and execution of the event(s) including working directly with marketing and/or other functional teams to develop objectives, content, format, budget, and HCP contracting. Also, liaison with vendor partners to ensure timelines and expectations are met and drive project to successful completion including appropriate metrics and reports, through project management.
- Leads collaboration with and trains both internal and external stakeholders on business guidelines to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as FDA regulations where applicable
- Accountable for ensuring appropriate vetting and contracts are in place for HCP engagement of speakers and consultants including appropriate selection, contracting, and training per company compliance criteria and procedures. Work with compliance team to ensure Fair Market Value Tool (FMV) is reviewed and updated on a regular basis to ensure alignment with current industry standards.
- Overall oversight of the management of the promotional material inventory process ensuring all users are set up in the system on a timely and accurate basis, ensuring that new materials are properly set up, and confirming expired materials are properly disposed of. Liaise with marketing teams on an ongoing basis to ensure inventories and ordering criteria are accurate and flexible with customer needs such as shipping directly to HCPs and Patients.
- Proactively partner across Horizon brands and functions to develop an annual calendar for conferences at which we will participate and drive opportunities to evolve Horizon as a brand presence along with commercial brands and cross-functional partners. Liaison with vendors and agencies as appropriate regarding coordination with conference host, housing and meeting registration, ancillary meeting space, and logistical management.
- Serves as a central point of contact for all outlined programs, and builds and maintains positive working relationships with senior leaders, BU heads, marketing, and sales leaders. Ensures that stakeholders receive consultative advice and guidance during planning, execution, and budgeting.
- Lead conference development with traditional marketing teams and additional functions including market access, trade, site of care, and medical affairs. Assesses opportunities to leverage capabilities across other organizations such as R&D to drive a consistent process, transparent payment of HPCs, and aggregated compliance reporting.
- Regularly lead Lessons Learned and Best Practice Sharing sessions to assess and bring forward learnings to future events.
- Drive operational efficiencies across processes and influence the optimization of resources (budget and people). Also, drive the assessment of future needs of the brands and functions and introduce new technology such as virtual programming platforms and processes to support virtual engagements and address emerging needs. Lead implementation, transition, communication, and training when launching new capabilities and partnerships.
- Serve as process owner in any internal or external audits of the marketing operations process (i.e. speaker programs) and responsible for closing out actions on time.
- Partner with Procurement function to maximize savings opportunities through volume rebates and quarterly business reviews with vendors. Influence decisions affecting efficient and effective use of significant resources (promotional budget and people) in the development implementation of promotional and non-promotional events including speaker programs, ad boards, and conferences.
- Develop and lead governance forum to share and influence cross-functional leadership through fact-based information sharing presentations relating to promotional programs, industry trends, and metrics. Use governance forum to identify potential changes to process and offerings and lead the team to recommend to senior leadership.
- Leads the development of key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify metrics and trends leading to business insights, improvements, and outcomes to maximize business performance while maintaining appropriate levels of compliance
- Oversees third-party vendors in the development and deployment of marketing operations processes and systems
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required (or 7 years’ equivalent Pharmaceutical industry experience marketing operations/meetings management)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of FDA regulations in terms of compliant program practices
- Proven ability to lead and coach others in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a multi-discipline and multi-level team.
- Ability to lead without influence and regularly interact with senior leaders to quickly resolve conflict and operational issues.
- Ability to drive change and positive culture while continually aligning with business objectives
- Ability to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with leaders across the organization, and lead and work in teams.
- Prior experience is negotiating with and managing external vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong analytic skills
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface with all levels of employees and external partners, vendors, customers, agencies, and affiliates.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.