Infrastructure IT Specialist (Remote)
OSG is a customer communications company, offering an integrated suite of transactional, payment and marketing solutions that streamline day-to-day business functions and elevate the big picture customer experience. We are looking to change the game and make our customers not only successful but advocates of our amazing team.
OSG will offer you the opportunity to succeed with a solid company that provides world-class services to the top companies in the U.S. We are looking for people who want to learn and grow – and we provide on-the-job training to set you up for success!
We are seeking a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology for business sustainability.
- Review diagnostics and assess the functionality and efficiency of systems
- Implement security measures
- Monitor security certificates and company compliance of requirements
- Offer technical support to staff and troubleshoot computer problems
- Install and update company software and hardware as needed
- Anticipate and report the cost of replacing or updating computer items
- Maintaining working components through repair or replacement
- Assisting call-ins or live chat with technical difficulties
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Working knowledge of relevant operating systems, software and programming
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Good organization, time management and prioritization
- Efficient troubleshooting abilities
- Effective communication skills, including speaking, writing and active listening
- One year IT support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
- Professional certifications preferred. Examples include certifications Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V), or Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect (AWS CSA).