You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
As a Data Scientist, you will work with different functions within the organization to help build strategic capabilities. You will implement Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms from ideation to deployment, including managing complex data science workflows. You will report to the Lead Data Scientist of the Americas region.
About the Job
- Partner with team members across the organization to identify opportunities to use our data to serve our disruptive planning strategy.
- Build predictive models using Statistical Methods, Machine Learning and Deep Learning to substantially improve our processes and contribute to business growth.
- Assess and evaluate the potential and validity of Statistical, ML, and DL approaches and data sources.
- Manipulate large datasets with both structured and unstructured data.
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes to evaluate hypotheses.
- Use experience with data gathering and cleaning, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, and advanced modeling to communicate applicable insights and findings to audiences with varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Continuously contribute to our data science culture and strategy.
Desired Education and Work Experience
- Master's/ PhD degree (computer science, applied mathematics, applied statistics, data science, or similar)
- Overall 2+ years (with Bachelor's or Master's) or 1+ years (for PhDs) relevant professional experience in data science, applied statistics, computer science, and machine learning engineering in the consumer goods, tech, or retail industries.
Required Technical Skills
- 2+ years of prior experience in a business-focused Data Scientist role
- 2+ years of hands-on experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, building predictive models, and visualizing results.
- 2+ years of SQL development skills writing complex queries.
- 3+ years of experience with Python or R
- 3+ years of experience deploying Machine Learning algorithms in a production environment.
- Experience in Reinforcement Learning is a huge plus.
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization tools in Python or R.
- 2+ years of experience working with cloud environments in AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Familiarity with containerization and distributed systems.
- Experience building web application and simple UI solutions.
- Experience in Data Engineering and DevOps preferred.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Remote - USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME