Based in Washington, D.C., Quorum is a fast-growing software company and is the leading provider of workflow software and information services for government affairs professionals across the corporations, non-profits, associations, and governmental end-markets. Quorum allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including federal, state and local.
Quorum provides mission-critical solutions to public affairs professionals for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and 30+ countries around the globe. Quorum serves over 2,000 customers globally including over 50% of the Fortune 100, and has over 350 team members across the globe. The company recently acquired Capitol Canary, a market leader in grassroots advocacy software.
As a Customer Marketing Manager you will be laser focused on growing revenue from the customer base.. You will use data and market insight to deliver marketing strategies that drive engagement and expansion revenue, The Customer Marketing Manager will report directly to “SVP, Marketing”. This role includes quarterly targets for expansion opportunities and revenue.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the history of Quorum, get introduced to colleagues inside the Marketing & Communications team and start learning our culture. You and your manager will review a comprehensive onboarding plan that will address the product and market knowledge you need to work with Quorum customers. You will also be introduced to our marketing tech stack along with other relevant product and sales resources. You and your manager will review the 2022-2023 marketing plan to identify key events and activities. Your manager will outline expectations for demand generation programs for expansion that will help you achieve your opportunity and revenue goals.
- First Month: You will participate in product training to build a fundamental understanding of Quorum’s products, primary value propositions and use cases, and buyer personas. You will shadow demos with potential clients and trainings with current clients. During this time you will gain a better understanding of the customer base, the segments they fall into, and the products they subscribe to. This will help you as you start developing customer expansion campaigns.
- First Six Months: You will create a two quarter marketing plan for customer expansion campaigns, collaborating with the expansion sales team in identifying the areas for growth for upsell and cross-sells. You will start executing these campaigns using account based marketing strategies and tools and report on their results.
- First Year: You will be able to quantify demand generation and revenue contribution for customer expansion, and create a playbook on best practices for expansion campaigns.
- 3+ years experience: Creating and executing marketing programs that drive customer or prospect engagement, meetings, and opportunities.
- 3+ years experience: Consistently meeting / exceeding targets in a revenue or demand generation role.
- 3+ years experience: Prior experience creating and executing account-based marketing or multi-channel marketing programs.
- 3+ years experience: Writing compelling B2B or SaaS copy for promotional emails, ads, and landing pages.
- You have experience creating and executing marketing programs that drive customer engagement
- You take pride in consistently meeting or exceeding targets in a revenue or demand generation role
- You have a test, learn, and iterate mentality, willing to try innovative ideas to engage customers.
- You have experience writing compelling B2B or SaaS product copy for the web and sales engagement and prospecting.
- You are excited to channel the voice of the customer to convey value
- You are comfortable leading complex projects that require buy-in and participation from multiple stakeholders on multiple teams
- You are analytical, possessing the interest and skill to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement efforts
- You are a strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to help reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience
- You are an especially strong candidate if you understand the needs and concerns of the public affairs market
- Design capabilities are not required, but would be helpful for the creation of customer marketing materials
About the Marketing and Communications Team
- We’re responsible for ensuring that clients have an amazing experience with Quorum
- We provide team and individual product demonstrations and trainings that promote best practices in the government affairs space
- We are dedicated to every user’s success and address challenges quickly and creatively
- We act as staunch advocates for our clients, including identifying and responding to diverse client use cases
- We take pride in developing personal relationships with our users and our team
- We regularly support one another to ensure the success of our team and our clients
- We're very close as a company—we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- Quorum is a hybrid company headquartered in Washington, DC with team members working in Quorum’s office, in hybrid, and fully remote arrangements.
- Our vibrant, sunlight, open concept office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings: $79,000 - $99,000
- Base Salary: $75,000 - $95,000, commensurate with experience
- Variable Compensation: $1,000 per quarter based on quota attainment
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Customer Marketing Manager role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.