Business Development Director, Marketing Team
In a sentence: The Business Development Director, Marketing Team, builds our agency’s strategy in business development and leads relationship development from first touchpoint to bringing on new client partners.
The Business Development Director will be a key position in growing and scaling our agency through high-touch relationships with new clients. This person will manage all opportunities using our CRM system, provide excellent client communications to represent the experience of working with our agency, strategize the best ways to win key business, and run pitches with support of the full agency team.
The Business Development Director will study and become a true expert and accolade for all historic agency work in order to best represent the agency’s advantages in partnership. They will represent our agency in early-opportunity conversations, balancing the line of being persuasive and eager to work with, but never sales-y. They will organize leads, both those that are immediate and those that require more long-term communication. This candidate will also be responsible for generating additional high-value leads in key industries. They will be a first-class client communicator, quick to respond to inquiries with thorough and clear responses. And once they’ve turned a lead into a pitch, they will help to organize and support the pitch process internally, making sure the work is a representation of the best that Movement Strategy can offer while ensuring a smooth process for the internal team. They will work closely with internal Movement employees to set the day-to-day team up for success, working with Account/PM to develop an accurate and fair SOW, and to transition work to the ongoing team.
The Business Development Director reports to Chelsea Long, VP of Marketing, and work in close contact with Jason Mitchell, CEO.
- New client contact throughout business development process
- Organizes and strategically operates all leads, both immediate and long-term
- Informs internal stakeholders of relevant updates and manages internal questions and concerns
- Establishes strategy and approach for all new business opportunities
- Builds and maintains internal agency relationships to get the best work out of core teams
- Supports outbound marketing efforts alongside marketing team - could include attending conferences, networking events, or driving key strategic partnerships with partners and client procurement teams
- Excellent communication
- Able to quickly adjust to shifting priorities
- Extremely organized: able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and independently
- Experience presenting to C-Suite teams and able to make effective and persuasive presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Manages expectations and delivers transparent communications
- Strong understanding of agency culture and vision
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a results-oriented manner
- In-tune with market expectations and trends, but also creative in approaching pitches with new methods
30/60/90 Day Expectations:
- First 30 Days:
- Will shadow all new business presentations with CEO & VP of Marketing
- Will meet with key agency team members to understand agency offerings: includes department leads, new business team members, partners, and more
- Will review historical documentation across a variety of presentations and client experiences
- Will begin evaluating CRM to gain understanding of existing client relationships
- Within 60-90 Days:
- Will manage incoming client leads with support of VP of Marketing
- Will participate in several pitch processes, supporting VP of Marketing in variety of situations
- Will take ownership of CRM and updates to core new business team
- Will begin to formulate additional lead-driving strategies
- By Day 90:
- Will independently manage all incoming client leads
- Will manage CRM and create action plan for all existing soft leads
- Will co-manage in-progress pitches with CEO or VP of Marketing
- Will begin to fully own pitches where appropriate
- Will generate new leads in key verticals for agency and have continuous plan for further lead generation in place.
- 10-12 years of business development agency experience
- Client-facing experience with c-suite executives at Fortune 500 levels
- Experience with CMS and project management tools
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for roles that will be performed in New York City. The range listed is just one component of Movement Strategy total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards.
Pay Range: $130-$150k salary per year
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Work from Home (Post COVID)
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- FSA - Flexible Spending Account
- Support for continued education
- Health and Wellness program
- Commuter benefits (NYC)
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer