Based in Washington, D.C., Quorum is a fast-growing software company and is the leading provider of workflow software and information services for government affairs professionals across the corporations, non-profits, associations, and governmental end-markets. Quorum allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including federal, state and local.
Quorum provides mission-critical solutions to public affairs professionals for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and 30+ countries around the globe. Quorum serves over 2,000 customers globally including over 50% of the Fortune 100, and has over 350 team members across the globe. The company recently acquired Capitol Canary, a market leader in grassroots advocacy software.
As an Account Executive, you will contribute to the overall growth of the company by persuading potential clients to choose Quorum as their public affairs software solution. This role includes responsibility for new logo sales to potential clients. This role does not include responsibility for renewals and/or expansion sales to existing clients.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You will be introduced to Quorum’s new logo sales process playbook, receive log-in access to start exploring the Quorum software platform, and get to know the 20+ dedicated members of the Quorum Business Development team.
- First Month: You will participate in our new hire sales training program, complete a product demonstration certification, and invest in building out your own sales leads pipeline through creative phone and email outreach to potential customers. You will also receive regular coaching from a direct manager and training manager who listen in on sales calls.
- First Six Months: You will meet weekly sales activity targets, learn fundamental industry-specific territory management skills, and build a robust sales pipeline with opportunities at every stage of the sales process. You will conduct discovery calls and lead product demonstrations to understand potential customers’ needs. You will navigate pricing negotiations and learn how to offer mutually beneficial sales concessions that enable Quorum and a client to move forward together. You will close your first sale, earn your first sales commission, and take steps to ensure you are on track to meet quarterly and annual sales quotas.
- First Year: You will meet hundreds of government affairs professionals around the world, close dozens of sales, meet or exceed an annual revenue quota, and have a real impact on a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works in Washington DC and beyond.
Please note: We have a minimum of a 1 quarter ramp time
- You have experience selling in the B2B SaaS space, and are eager to iterate on that experience in a rapidly changing, competitive market
- You have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding revenue targets over time
- You have experience selling a product with an average sales price (ASP) of $5,000–$100,000 in annual recurring revenue (ARR)
- You are a highly motivated self-starter who prides themselves on having a growth mindset
- You are ready to put in the work necessary to build consultative sales skills that enable you to be a “trusted advisor” to corporations, trade associations, non-profits, think tanks, unions, and/or foreign embassies looking for best-in-class tools
- You consistently reflect on your strengths and weaknesses, proactively seek guidance to identify areas for improvement, and modify your behavior to achieve success
- You are a self-described people-person who works to build rapport with individuals from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds
- You are committed to positively contributing to building an inclusive and diverse work environment where you live Quorum’s company values by investing in people
- You believe in the power of process adherence to deliver consistent, high-quality results
- You are a problem-solver at heart—you seek to understand others’ problems and identify the best possible solutions to improve their day-to-day experience in the workplace
About the Business Development Team
- We are proud to serve as the first-impression about what it is like to work with Quorum
- We strive to understand our buyers’ challenges and recommend the best possible solutions that enable them to achieve their goals
- We earn clients’ trust by taking an intentionally respectful approach to competition
- We foster a supportive environment where peer-to-peer feedback helps drive personal and professional growth
- We work hard to serve as thought leaders in the public affairs industry, which means that we regularly follow political news, government affairs trends, and read case studies
- We understand and appreciate that our work is a critical driver for annual company growth
Our Work Environment
- We are a hybrid team with flexible work options: work remotely or choose to come into our vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office in Washington DC.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office - both together and remote, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings (OTE): $92k - $200k (OTE Varies Based on Sales Quota, uncapped commission)
- Compensation Mix: 65% Base | 35% Sales Incentive Commissions
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
For any questions regarding any open roles on our team, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Account Executive role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.